9 Best Kratom Drinks and Iced Teas
All of these kratom drink recipes are non-alcoholic, but you won’t be missing out on the booze with these iced kratom drinks. Most tea-infused cocktails are made with decaf black tea or herbal teas without much function, but with these drinks, you’ll get all of the mental and physical effects of kratom tea!
Don’t live in an area with kratom trees nearby? Most of us in the U.S. don’t! You can still make these fun kratom drink recipes and get the benefits of this powerful plant by using ready-to-brew kratom tea bags!
Here’s the lineup of our favorite kratom cocktails and iced kratom drink recipes:
- Mango kratom seltzer
- Kratom mojito
- Green kratom smoothie
- Butterfly pea flower kratom iced tea
- Kratom sangria
- Iced coconut Thai kratom tea
- Kratom rum & coke
- Chocolate banana kratom smoothie
- Easy peach & mango kratom iced tea
Kratom is a tree that grows throughout Southeast Asia. For centuries, people have been brewing kratom tea for its wide range of wellness benefits, from morning energy to evening relaxation. You can get these benefits from a plain kratom tea, but we’ve brewed up some iced kratom drinks that provide spectacular function and flavor!
Using Kratom Drink Mixes
You may be able to find a kratom powder drink mix online. It might be faster to pour a kratom drink mix into a glass than it is to make kratom tea recipes from scratch. However, this option comes with some drawbacks.
For one, kratom powder drink mixes may have additives, fillers, and preservatives, from propylene glycol to sucralose to silicon dioxide. To avoid artificial ingredients, opt for all-natural raw leaf kratom or kratom blended with organic herbs and spices.
Additionally, almost every kratom powder drink mix is made with either a kratom extract powder that contains only mitragynine, or kratom powder that won’t dissolve well in your kratom drink. To avoid making a kratom drink that’s gritty or that doesn’t contain the full spectrum of kratom alkaloids, your best bet is to use crushed-leaf kratom tea.
Should you drink kratom powder instead?
Would you rather drink kratom powder than make a kratom drink with crushed-leaf tea or a kratom drink mix?
While all of the recipes below are best made with tea instead of powder, if you’re wondering how to drink kratom powder, you haven’t necessarily come to the wrong place. Many people make kratom mixed drinks with raw kratom powder. This method of making kratom powder drinks often doesn’t taste or feel as good as making drinks with tea, though.
When you drink kratom powder, you’re unnecessarily consuming kratom leaf material that has insoluble plant fiber, which doesn’t get digested all that easily. While we highly recommend making the kratom drink recipes below with crushed leaf kratom tea, you can also make them without kratom tea, and instead add kratom powder to your drink recipe once it’s finished.
Crushed-leaf kratom tea drinks
The following iced kratom drink recipes are all made with crushed-leaf kratom (in 100% compostable kratom tea bags!) Here’s why using kratom tea to make your kratom drink is the best option:
- Your drink will have a perfectly smooth texture, because it won’t be full of gritty kratom powder
- The tea bags allow you to extract the active alkaloids in kratom, but keep the plant fiber in the tea bag – so you won’t have to ingest a bunch of insoluble leaf fiber
- You can brew your tea with other herbs and spices to make it delicious AND extremely functional; you can get noticeable mental and physical benefits from drinking it!
The Best Iced Kratom Drinks & Smoothies
Here are the 9 best kratom drink recipes that are a must-try for spring and summer.
If you want to know more about how to make kratom tea before you pick a recipe, read one of our guides on how to brew kratom tea – in a tea thermos, on the stove, in a tea carafe, and more.
1. Mango kratom seltzer
Kratom seltzers are a hot commodity these days. What’s not to love about your favorite herbal brew with some added flavor and fizz?
We can name one thing: the cost! Store-bought ready-to-drink kratom seltzer can be really expensive.Yet, there’s no need to spend $12 on that can of kratom seltzer at the corner store when you can make your own seltzer kratom drink at home for a fraction of the cost! Plus, it’s incredibly fun to brew and customize – perfect for a date night or evening with your friends.
2. Kratom mojitoMojitos originated in Cuba, and historians believe they were first consumed by farmers on Cuban plantations. Intense labor could lead to illness, and farmers would drink mojitos as a remedy; similarly, kratom tea has been consumed by farmers to help with the physical toll of their work for hundreds of years. One of the first kratom cocktail recipes we ever created at Top Tree Herbs, this alcohol-free kratom mojito is a tried-and-true classic. Make it with lime and fresh mint from your garden for a downright delicious kratom tea drink that can also soothe you after a hard day of work.
3. Kale & Banana kratom smoothie
This recipe isn’t a kratom cocktail or iced tea like the others (though spiked smoothies have certainly been made before), but it’s a frozen kratom drink that’s sure to cool you off on a hot day!
If you prefer to drink kratom powder instead of making tea, you can make your green smoothie with soy milk, juice, or water and add the kratom powder in with all of the other ingredients before blending.
Make this green kratom smoothie for breakfast to really kickstart your day. With white or green vein kratom tea and nutrients from kale and bananas, it’ll keep you upbeat and motivated all morning long.
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Add 1 cup of chilled kratom tea, 1 large banana (frozen & sliced), 1/2 cup of spinach or kale, and 1/4 cup of vanilla protein powder to your blender.
- Blend on high for 30-60 seconds. Add a few extra tbsp of water or soy milk if needed.
- Top with banana chips, shredded coconut, or any other toppings you prefer!
4. Butterfly pea flower kratom iced tea
Butterfly pea, Clitoria ternatea, produces flowers that make a wonderful, richly-colored indigo-blue tea. Like kratom, butterfly pea flowers grow in Southeast Asia – they’re native to Ternate, an island in Indonesia.
If you want to mix up your kratom routine or make something special for a friend, this is the perfect colorful kratom drink for you! We recommend using Borneo Berry Bliss, our energizing floral kratom blend that will complement the butterfly pea flower extremely well. Alternatively, if you’d prefer a soothing kratom drink to end your summer day the right way, try red vein kratom tea bags.
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Simmer 1-2 kratom tea bags and juice of 1/3 lime in a saucepan for 15-20 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add 2 tbsp of dried butterfly pea flowers. Steep for 3-5 minutes (less time for a bright blue color, longer for a deep indigo).
- Strain out tea bags and flowers, then sweeten to taste with cane sugar.
- Chill and pour over ice. Garnish with extra slices of lime.
6. Iced coconutty Thai kratom tea
Most Thai iced tea is made with black tea from the Camellia sinensis plant, which grows throughout Asia. We’re swapping out black tea in this Thai iced tea for a different Thai tea leaf – kratom!
HOW TO MAKE IT (2 servings)
- Add 2-4 white vein kratom tea bags and 3 cups of water to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and steep for 20 minutes.
- Add 1 anise star, 2 pods of cardamom (crushed), and 1 cinnamon stick to the pot. Continue to simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes.
- Chill tea mixture in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, then strain out the spices.
- Divide iced kratom tea between 2 glasses and add 1-2 tbsp of sweetened condensed coconut milk to each.
7. Kratom Rum & Coke
This kratom cocktail is one for the books, because it’s delectable AND incredibly easy to make. The kratom tea base in this classic mocktail adds depth to the typical rum & cola flavor.
HOW TO MAKE IT (2 servings)
- Add 2-4 green vein tea bags, juice of 1/2 lime, and 2 cups of water to a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Uncover and continue to simmer until tea is concentrated (about 1/2 cup).
- Add ice to two glasses and divide tea between them. Pour 1/2 can of cola into each glass, then garnish with extra slices of lime.
8. Chocolate banana kratom smoothie
We’re not sure if this kratom smoothie counts as breakfast or dessert, but we make it regularly for both occasions. Just blend up bananas, cocoa powder, and your favorite variety of kratom tea to make a chocolate kratom smoothie that will keep you fueled all day long.
This is another one of our recipes that still works well with kratom powder, if you prefer to drink kratom powder instead of brewing kratom tea.
9. Tulsi, Peach, & Mango Kratom Iced Tea
This is the easiest kratom drink recipe on the list! All you have to do is brew up a batch of our Holy Peach adaptogenic kratom herb blend and pour it over ice. (You can even brew your kratom tea in a tea thermos, so the hardest part of this kratom cocktail recipe is boiling the water!)
Holy peach is a fan-favorite; it’s a combination of green vein kratom tea with organic tulsi (also known as holy basil), rooibos, and natural flavors.
More Of the Best Kratom Drinks and Recipes
You can find more kratom tea recipes, as well as kratom news and culture, on the Better Brewing Blog!
Don’t forget to download our latest e-book of kratom tea recipes. It contains seasonal recipes and an easy guide for how to brew kratom tea – just click below!