There are many different types of liquid kratom drinks available on the market, with flavored kratom seltzers and pre-bottled kratom drinks soaring in popularity. What many people don’t realize, however, is that you can save a lot of money by making your own kratom drinks at home!
All of the recipes on our roundup of the best kratom drinks are non-alcoholic, but you won’t be missing out on the booze with these iced kratom tea mocktails and smoothies!
Most tea-infused cocktails are made with decaf black tea or herbal teas without much function, but with these kratom drinks, you’ll get all of the mental and physical effects of brewed kratom leaves!
Don’t live in an area with kratom trees nearby? Most of us in the U.S. don’t! You can still make these fun kratom drink recipes and get the benefits of this powerful plant by using ready-to-brew kratom tea bags!
Here’s the lineup of our favorite kratom cocktails and iced kratom drink recipes:
- Mango kratom seltzer
- Kratom mojito
- Green kratom smoothie
- Butterfly pea flower kratom iced tea
- Kratom sangria
- Iced coconut Thai kratom tea
- Kratom rum & coke
- Chocolate banana kratom smoothie
- Easy peach & mango kratom iced tea
Kratom is a tree that grows throughout Southeast Asia. For centuries, people have been brewing kratom tea for its wide range of wellness benefits, from morning energy to evening relaxation. You can get these benefits from plain kratom tea, but we’ve brewed up some iced kratom drinks that provide spectacular function and flavor!
Using Kratom Drink Mixes
You may be able to find a kratom powder drink mix online. It might be faster to pour a kratom drink mix into a glass than it is to make kratom tea recipes from scratch. However, this option comes with some drawbacks.
For one, kratom powder drink mixes may have additives, fillers, and preservatives, from propylene glycol to sucralose to silicon dioxide. To avoid artificial ingredients, opt for all-natural raw leaf kratom or kratom blended with organic herbs and spices.
Additionally, almost every kratom powder drink mix is made with either a kratom extract powder that contains only mitragynine, or kratom powder that won’t dissolve well in your kratom drink. To avoid making a kratom drink that’s gritty or that doesn’t contain the full spectrum of kratom alkaloids, your best bet is to use crushed-leaf kratom tea.
Should you drink kratom powder instead?
Would you rather drink kratom powder—a sludgy green mix of grit and water, or would you rather make a kratom drink that tastes good? Whether you make a delicious and refreshing kratom drink mix or brew up a classic crushed-leaf kratom tea, there are endless combinations of kratom drinks you can cater to your tastes.
That being said, maybe you’re trying to use up some kratom powder in your cabinet, or maybe you ran out of kratom tea bags. While all of the recipes below are best made with kratom tea instead of powder, they are possible to make with different types of kratom.
If you’re wondering how to drink kratom powder, you haven’t necessarily come to the wrong place. Many people make mixed kratom drinks with raw kratom powder.
Using Powder to Make Kratom Drinks vs. Tea
If you do decide to go the powder route, keep in mind that making a kratom powder drink mix usually doesn’t taste or feel as good as making drinks with tea. While making a powdered kratom drink should still make kratom taste better than the yucky toss-and-wash method, there are some cons to using kratom powder vs tea.
When you drink kratom powder, you’re unnecessarily consuming kratom leaf material that has insoluble plant fiber, which doesn’t get digested all that easily. While we highly recommend making the kratom drink recipes below with crushed leaf kratom tea, you can also make them without kratom tea, and instead add kratom powder to your drink recipe once it’s finished.
That being said, if you want to be kind to your tummy and your taste buds, consider picking up some kratom tea bags for your next recipe!
Download the Holiday Kratom Tea Recipe Book
Crushed-leaf kratom tea drinksThe following iced kratom drink recipes are all made with crushed-leaf kratom (in 100% compostable kratom tea bags!) Here’s why using kratom tea to make your kratom drink is the best option:
- Your kratom drink will have a perfectly smooth texture, because it won’t be full of gritty kratom powder
- The tea bags allow you to extract the active alkaloids in kratom, but keep the plant fiber in the tea bag – so you won’t have to ingest a bunch of insoluble leaf fiber
- You can brew your tea with other herbs and spices to make a delicious AND extremely functional kratom drink; you can get noticeable mental and physical benefits from drinking it!
The Best Iced Kratom Drinks & SmoothiesHere are the 9 best kratom drink recipes that are a must-try for spring and summer.If you want to know more about how to make kratom tea before you pick a recipe, read one of our guides on kratom tea brewing methods – in a tea thermos, on the stove, in a tea carafe, and more.
1. Mango Kratom SeltzerKratom seltzers are a hot commodity these days. What’s not to love about your favorite herbal brew with some added flavor and fizz? We can name one thing—the cost!While many people buy kratom seltzers at the store, store-bought ready-to-drink kratom seltzer can be really expensive. Yet, there’s no need to spend $12 on that can of kratom seltzer at the corner store when making this kratom drink at home is far more affordable—and healthier (you can pick which ingredients to use and avoid!)Plus, it’s incredibly fun to brew and customize your homemade kratom seltzers – perfect for a date night or evening with your friends.Kratom Seltzer Recipe →
2. Kratom MojitoMojitos originated in Cuba, and historians believe they were first consumed by farmers on Cuban plantations. Intense labor could lead to illness, and farmers would drink mojitos as a remedy; similarly, kratom tea has been consumed by farmers to help with the physical toll of their work for hundreds of years.One of the first kratom cocktail recipes we ever created at Top Tree Herbs, this alcohol-free kratom mojito is a tried-and-true classic. Make it with lime and fresh mint from your garden for a downright delicious kratom tea drink that can also soothe you after a hard day of work.Kratom Mojito Recipe →
3. Super Green Kratom SmoothieThis recipe isn’t a kratom cocktail or iced tea like the others (though spiked smoothies have certainly been made before), but it’s a frozen kratom drink that’s sure to cool you off on a hot day!If you prefer to drink kratom powder instead of making tea, you can make your green smoothie with soy milk, juice, or water and add the kratom powder in with all of the other ingredients before blending.Make this green kratom smoothie for breakfast to really kickstart your day. With white vein or green vein kratom tea and nutrients from kale and bananas, it’ll keep you upbeat and motivated all morning long.Green Kratom Smoothie Recipe →
4. Butterfly Pea Flower Kratom Iced TeaButterfly pea, Clitoria ternatea, produces flowers that make a wonderful, richly-colored indigo-blue tea. Like kratom, butterfly pea flowers grow in Southeast Asia – they’re native to Ternate, an island in Indonesia.If you want to mix up your kratom routine or make something special for a friend, this is the perfect colorful kratom drink for you! We recommend using Borneo Berry Bliss, our energizing floral kratom blend that will complement the butterfly pea flower extremely well.Alternatively, if you’d prefer a soothing kratom drink to end your summer day the right way, try red vein kratom tea bags.HOW TO MAKE IT
- Simmer 1-2 kratom tea bags and juice of 1/3 lime in a saucepan for 15-20 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add 2 tbsp of dried butterfly pea flowers. Steep for 3-5 minutes (less time for a bright blue color, longer for a deep indigo).
- Strain out tea bags and flowers, then sweeten to taste with cane sugar.
- Chill and pour over ice. Garnish with extra slices of lime.
5. Kratom Sangria
This is one of the absolute best mixed kratom drinks for a celebration. It pulls out all the stops. Use your favorite seasonal fruits to infuse your kratom cocktail with a citrusy sweetness.Anyone looking to make kratom taste better should really give this kratom drink recipe a try!Kratom Sangria Recipe →
6. Iced Kratom Chai TeaMost Thai iced tea is made with black tea from the Camellia sinensis plant, which grows throughout Asia. To make this a kratom drink, we’re swapping out black tea in this Thai iced tea for a different leaf found in Thailand – kratom!Kratom Iced Chai Recipe →
7. Kratom Rum & CokeThis kratom cocktail is one for the books, because it’s delectable AND incredibly easy to make. The kratom tea base in this classic mocktail adds depth to the typical rum & cola flavor.Simple and classic, this kratom drink is the perfect alcohol-free beverage for that one friend who always orders rum & coke. And, you can enjoy it any time of day!HOW TO MAKE IT (2 servings)
- Add 2-4 green vein tea bags, juice of 1/2 lime, and 2 cups of water to a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Uncover and continue to simmer until tea is concentrated (about 1/2 cup).
- Add ice to two glasses and divide tea between them. Pour 1/2 can of cola into each glass, then garnish with extra slices of lime.