This chocolate and banana kratom smoothie (fondly dubbed the kramoothie by Top Tree staff) tastes like dessert for breakfast. It has all the benefits of kratom tea, blended into a filling smoothie that’s packed full of nutrients and downright delicious. It’s just as creamy as a smoothie made with milk, and has an even better depth of flavor.
Plus, kratom tea smoothies made with crushed-leaf kratom tea bags are actually smooth, unlike kratom smoothies made with powder. (Not even a blender full of bananas can cover up kratom powder’s grittiness, which is why kratom tea is the best option for smoothies!)
Quickest Way to Make a Kratom Smoothie
The trick to making a quick kratom smoothie in the morning is using leftover tea!
Next time you brew kratom tea, just make an extra cup (at least 8 ounces), put it in a sealed jar, and place it in the fridge for later. That way, you’ll have cold kratom tea ready to go whenever you want to whip up your kratom tea smoothie.
You won’t have to spend your limited time in the morning brewing tea, and you won’t dilute your smoothie by adding ice. In the summer, we almost always have a jar of chilled kratom tea waiting in the fridge for whenever we want to make a smoothie. You can keep your kratom in the fridge for a couple of days as long as you store it properly.
Important note: if you do use leftover tea, just make sure it wasn’t brewed with added ingredients that might alter the consistency of your smoothie. Add-ins like lemon or lime juice are amazing in hot and iced tea, but don’t mix very well with the creamy & chocolatey ingredients in this recipe.
Best Kratom Type for Smoothies
White vein kratom tea is a great choice for a breakfast smoothie because most people find it energizing and motivating.
The kratom smoothie recipe below uses our signature white vein tea: Uplift. If you prefer red or green vein kratom tea, you can use either instead! The smoothie will taste great regardless (the flavor of kratom tea is pretty similar no matter which strain you use).
You can also use a kratom tea herbal blend for your smoothie! For morning motivation that comes from both kratom and theobromine, try using Cacao Uplift instead of regular Uplift.
Chocolate Kratom SmoothiePrep time:20 minutes (only 5 minutes when you brew your tea the day before!)Servings: 1 (about 18oz)
- 1 cup (8oz)Uplift white vein kratom tea, chilled overnight
- 1 large banana, sliced & frozen
- 1/3 Bosc pear, sliced & frozen (can substitute with another fruit)
- 1/4 cup protein powder (see note below)
- 2 tsp cocoa powder (can reduce or omit if using chocolate protein powder)
- Added veggies (optional): 1/2 cup chopped kale or 1/2 medium carrot, sliced
- Toppings (optional): granola, shredded coconut, cacao nibs, banana slices, peanut butter, chopped nuts
- Steep kratom tea in hot water on the stove or in an insulated thermos for 15-20 minutes. If making the day before, transfer tea to a sealed jar and place in the fridge to store overnight. If using immediately, add 1/2 cup of ice to chill.
- Combine tea and all other ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth, about 30-60 seconds.
- Pour into glass and add toppings.
Kratom tea bags: White Borneo is a fantastic energizing kratom tea that will fuel you for hours. You can substitute White Borneo for whichever type of kratom tea you prefer.
We’ll be back soon with a green kratom smoothie recipe and other kratom breakfast treats. Until then, cheers to better brewing!